Friday 15 August 2008

7 weeks to go and the knee's still not right

I'm getting worried now. Still doing 3 x 10km a week but really need to at least start upping my long run. Saw the physio again this morning, I'm making progress but she still advised to keep my mileage down, she said really I shouldn't run so that will prolong the healing process.

However, I'm seeing a podiatrist on Monday to see if it'll help sorting my mild over pronation. I hope so, I'm still thinking of upping my long run slightly as I'm worried now about doing a reasonable time in the GNR. I've long accepted that 1:55 would be a reasonable target for this year but now I'm worrying that may be out of reach.

Ah well, on with the exercises, here's some more info from my ever increasing web link library for knee injuries. http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec05/ch075/ch075f.html

An a completely separate note. Phelps. Seriously, even I'm excited at the prospect of 8 medals now.

No comments: