Wednesday 20 August 2008

I don't want to tempt fate but......

Well, I went to see the podiatrist on Monday, she reeled off several minor problems with my feet, toes and stance but nothing major. She gave me some basic orthotic inner soles for my shoes to help correct the over pronation, I'm certainly will to try anything.

Anyway, I got in late last night after work so I didn't really have time for my usual 10k, I thought it may be a bad idea anyway in case the inner soles gave me a bit of gib so I did a quick 5k. Immediately things felt better, normally my knee complains for the first couple of k but not last night. I was a bit naughty and ran at 5k pace too so putting more strain on my knee and it only complained a couple of times.

Like I say I don't want to tempt fate and it's a bit early to say but things are looking promising. I'll do a 10k tomorrow and see how it feels then.

Fingers crossed.

I got my fundraising pack through from Myeloma UK too, talk about bright orange! I'll certainly be visible in the GNR.

No comments: